Saturday, August 2, 2014

my nest


This is where I sit, reading & thinking.  Dave has his bait shop open, the 
farm cats all have found nap spots, and the goats graze or stand 
on their bridges awaiting a troll.  The birds sing...and it all feels a bit
magical.  

Just this morning I found a bird on my steps, perhaps she had 
flown into a screen, all the same she let me lift her to the safety of a raised 
planter until she was ready to fly off.  I assume she may be sitting in a tree 
branch above me as I write this on my deck....knowing I am the being 
that shares this farm with her.  That her home is here.


I look around and feel just a bit awestruck.  This lovely farm is mine...
and I am hers.  We both found each other at that moment when we
both needed each other.  Just as I helped to breathe life back into 
her nooks & crannies, she did the same for me.  I wonder what I 
would have missed if we had not made that unpretentious 
decision that we would live on a farm in western Wisconsin. 

Just like that bird, I had flown into life head first.  This farm picked me 
up, ever so gently, and welcomed me home.  And this is my nest.


4 comments:

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely post...
Love,
Titti

Barb said...

I love the gentle way you look at life. Thank you for this wonderful post. Enjoy your weekend in the same magical way you've been doing. You will be rewarded over and over again by the sweetness that is returned to you by the farm and her "staff". :O)

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Kari, lovely post my friend, would love to visit you and sit in your sweet nest, Blessings Francine.

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Great post Kari! Enjoy!!! Summer sure is flying by... Will miss seeing you this year.. Bags is late this year for us too... and we are not staying in LaCrosse... conflicts with times this year... OLM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...