Saturday, January 31, 2015

seeking insight

I recently found this blue trunk in the back corner of a 
Thrift Store....it is child's size, 25 inches by 14 inches by 
14 inches.  It is domed with the wooden safe box & cover
still inside.  It has wonderful straps and was trimmed in
tin on the edges where there was extra wear.  The handles
are gone on the side, worn with time.  The key hole is there,
but no key.  I was told it is Swedish...guessing it was for
traveling.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...








6 comments:

HWIT BLOGG said...

Interesting! Yes it could be swedish, they used those trunks when they immigrated to the "big country" over there!
Hope you find the key...
Warm hug,
Titti

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That is a wonderfully special find, Kari! It reminds me of a mid 1800s Scandinavian trunk, too...especially finding it in Wisconsin. Can't believe someone donated that to a thrift store...it is a treasure!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Kari, such a wonderful little trunk, I would have bought it also. Sorry I cannot help you out with knowing more about the trunk, looks very old, childs traveling trunk or salesman sample? Love it anyway, Francine.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Thanks for the insight!

I do believe it is similar vintage to our home...mid 1800's. I love the idea of this trunk living in a home that immigrants to America built...kind of feels like it is home. When I think of folks traveling to this "new country", traveling with all they own in trunks, and finding new roots here in Wisconsin...such courage. Welcome home sweet blue trunk, you have traveled a long way.

Kari

Tante Mali said...

This is a realy treasure your found! Fantastic old box. If she could speak she would know a thousand stories! Thank you so much for your lovely visit and comment
All my best from Austria
Elisabeth

Simply Shelley said...

I don't know anything about it, but I love it. Its has quite the charm to it and I love the old blue color of it. Great find. Blessings friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...