Thursday, October 1, 2015

pardon me...


I imagine that for the rest of my days upon this earth, I will start October
with reflection.  I will gently tap friends upon the shoulder with a reminder
that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer...and remind them,
further, that early detection matters.  With a tear and a smile I will blow out
two candles on my "re-birthday cake" and remember that all clear call
from my surgeon on October 18, 2013.

With some authority - I will strongly state that 
no one loses a battle to cancer.  There are many who face a briefer
journey -- but I am certain they were the bravest of us all.  

So please say a gentle prayer for those brave & courageous
souls that walk through the valley & fear no evil.  And if you 
will, make a wish for a cure.

                            {via Pinterest}







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...